As using a non-custodial wallet, you are the only one who controls access to the wallet and funds. Once again we remind you about simple rules of operating your wallet account: backup your mnemonic, securely store your mnemonic & don’t tell anyone your mnemonic phrase.
How to backup your mnemonic
Please follow the instructions below or watch the video guide:
- Open your Lumi wallet and click on “Menu” in the upper right corner.
- Click on “General”.
- Choose “Backup Wallet”.
- Enter the pin code or use face ID.
- Write down the mnemonic in the correct sequence (from 1 to 12 words respectively).
- Confirm your mnemonic by filling in the words according to their number.
- Keep your mnemonic in a safe place.
Your mnemonic is the key to your funds
Every day we receive dozens of letters from our users with requests to restore access to the wallet. And in 100% of cases, we cannot help them with access recovery, if the issue is in a lost mnemonic. We do not have access to the user’s private keys and do not store it on our servers. Your wallets are completely dependent on you and if you lose your phone, it breaks down, or you accidentally log out of the wallet, then the only way to restore access is your mnemonic. And in the case of the upcoming update, you will need the mnemonic, since the log out from the application will be forced.