What could be more pleasant than the growth of assets every day? Only the growth of our users ‘ assets. Lumi Wallet has received a lot of feedback emails this week. We are happy to see how the updates we implemented are becoming a part of our users’ lives. According to our observation, the most popular of the latest chips were the White Label crypto wallet program and the addition of Tesla to the application screen. We remind you that you can participate in our challenge and publish a crypto meme and tag Lumi to win 500 DOGE.
And now the main news of this week:
1. A NFT animated flying cat with a pop-tart body sold for almost $600,000. It’s been ten years since Chris Torres created the cat meme that’s been viewed hundreds of millions of times. It was recently sold as digital art on the Foundation.
2. MicroStrategy acquired 19,452 BTC worth $1.026 billion. MicroStrategy has since doubled their current hold, and the recent acquisition made after the sudden dip allows them to create another foothold for renewed leverage.
“We believe our bitcoin strategy, including our bitcoin holdings and related activities in support of the bitcoin network, is complementary to our software business, by enhancing awareness of our brand and providing opportunities to secure new customers,” shared Phong Le, President & CFO, MicroStrategy Incorporated.
Also, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s Square firm doubled down on Bitcoin — investing another $170 million in crypto.
Large companies remain true to their crypto strategy and bought cryptocurrency throughout the course correction.
3. Tesla CEO Elon Musk is reportedly under SEC investigation over Dogecoin tweets. “I hope they do! It would be awesome,” he tweeted on Thursday. The billionaire was responding to unverified reports that he may be under regulatory scrutiny for his consistent touting of the coin.
4. Cathie Wood of ARK Invest said that bitcoin is a new asset class. BTC may even serve as a reserve currency in the future.
“You think about the traditional 60/40 stock-bond portfolio, but look what’s happening to bonds right now. If we are ending a 40-year secular decline in interest rates, that asset class has done its thing. What’s next? We think crypto could be the solution,” said Wood, who’s the founder and CEO of a family of exchange-traded funds based on disruptive technologies.
The investment of large companies adds to the particular popularity of bitcoin. Companies like Tesla Inc. and MassMutual are “using Bitcoin as a hedge against what could go wrong.”
5. Bill Gates is developing his own cryptocurrency. Microsoft supremo Bill Gates has distanced himself from bitcoin (BTC) buying, dismissing fellow American entrepreneur Elon Musk’s own crypto moves – while talking up a digital money or payments infrastructure that to some BTC advocates will sound very familiar.
In a recent interview with Bloomberg, he said “I think people who may not have as much money to spare get drawn into these manias. So I’m not bullish on bitcoin. My general thought would be that if you have less money than Elon, you should probably watch out.”
According to the Bill Gates Foundation, innovation will be “a mechanism for stimulating competition. All of this needs to be adapted to the needs of low-income people.” He also supported the regulation of digital assets by the state and the introduction of mandatory KYC.
Stay tuned to our wallet, enjoy the usable interface and transaction security, and check back for updates and news on Twitter, Telegram, Facebook, Reddit, and LinkedIn. Let’s learn the cryptocurrency market together step by step!