We’re celebrating our 3rd anniversary and are so excited about it. These 3 years have flown by like 3 days, but when we look back on all our efforts, we realize what our team has accomplished and how much still needs to be done in the future. We see the scope that the cryptocurrency market has now, with 100 million people who use crypto-based assets, and it pushes us to move forwards. With bitcoin’s market cap rising and the number of blockchain patents rising day by day as well, we believe that all this news is good reason for optimism.
Read about this and other reports in our summary of the main and current affairs in the cryptocurrency market this week:
- Bitcoin’s realized cap currently sits at $115 billion — $43 billion more than the all-time high in 2017. Bitcoin’s current $190 billion market cap suggests that BTC holders are presently enjoying an aggregate profit of 65%. Its price by the end of the week held at $10,618.
- Ether has dropped around 30% from its 2020 high of $482 on Sept. 1, to $340 in five days. Ether is still sitting at around $340 and by the end of this week, its price held at $345. Defi projects are racing to implement Layer 2 scaling solutions as Ethereum gas fees skyrocket and the network struggles under the demand.
- Lumi Wallet is celebrating its 3rd anniversary, and we have decided to remember all the achievements our team has made within the last year, from going open-source to push notifications, which we launched this week. All these years, our team worked to provide the best services for our clients and protect their security and funds. We are always working on adding the most trending tokens and coins so you could have as many choices as possible. By the way, this week we added the SGR token, so you are welcome to purchase it on our web or mobile wallet.
- Let’s check what’s going on in the banking sector. The Federal Bank of the U.S. announced that national banks will be free to hold reserve currencies for stable coins, this will only apply to stable coins backed 1:1 with another currency, like Tether (USDT) is.
- Guess who owns the most blockchain patents? Right now, the United States takes the lead as the country with the most blockchain patents, 2,112 patents to be exact, but Chinese firm Alibaba has filed the most patents so far this year. Will see who takes the lead in this “competition” next year.
- Do you know how many people are a part of crypto society? Researchers at the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance recently revealed that 100 million people around the world currently hold Bitcoin (BTC) and other blockchain-based assets.
- Following a six-week downtrend from its all-time high, LINK has rebounded 30% in the past 24 hours. The strong rebound in the Bitcoin price, a sea of green among DeFi coins, and a new Chainlink partnership announcement have all contributed to the price increase.
All information stated above is provided only for general information purposes. We do not promote any cryptocurrency, do not recommend or advise anything. All decisions about investments should be made by yourself. Our team works to satisfy our clients’ needs.
Stay tuned to our wallet, enjoy the usable interface and transaction security, and check back for updates and news on Twitter, Telegram, Facebook, Reddit, and LinkedIn. Let’s learn the cryptocurrency market together step by step!