The Bitcoin price is $18,230, that’s all. Everyone everywhere is discussing the Bitcoin price. Will it skyrocket 100K more? Or maybe it will even reach the 318K price line? While the news is full of Bitcoin, Ethereum also has some interesting announcements, one of them being Ethereum 2.0 phase 0 will probably not be launched in time.
Read about this and other news in our summary of the main and current affairs in the cryptocurrency market this week:
- Bitcoin crossed the $18K price line. As always, the crypto community is separated between those who are waiting for it to crash down and those who believe it will skyrocket up to 100K within 2021. Citibank’s analysts went as far as to predict a 318K price for Bitcoin in 2021. While analysts fortune tell, another piece of data about Bitcoin speaks for itself: Bitcoin’s market cap surged above $336 billion, outstripping the market cap of Nvidia. Everyone wants to buy bitcoin when it starts to rise and billionaires are no exception: Ricardo Salinas Pliego said that 10% of his liquid portfolio was invested in Bitcoin.
- The launch of Phase 0 of Ethereum 2.0 is delayed. Despite Dubai’s company IBC Group investing $10M in the project and staking around 20,000 Ether, developers still need 415,456 more Ether or $207.3M as the current price for 1 ETH is $499. This means that the expected launch on December 1st will probably be postponed to the early weeks of 2021. Vitalik Buterin continuously assures that benefits will come sooner than the community expects. Our developers carefully researched the Ethereum 2.0 network and prepared an article for our readers. If it is still not clear what is behind Ethereum 2.0, you are welcome to read our findings on the Lumi blog.
- Lumi Wallet increased activity on social media and created a Tik-Tok account, where our followers can watch funny and educational videos daily. Please subscribe to our Tik-Tok channel → https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSqaTmNJ/ and don’t forget that we also changed Telegram accounts. Now you can find us here.
- U.S. Senator Cynthia Lummis from Wyoming has a plan to spread cryptocurrency knowledge, about Bitcoin in particular, amongst her colleagues. She believes that Bitcoin is a great store of value. Our Lumi team wishes Senator Lummis good luck with this mission.
- It could be one of the cutest hack stories. DeFi protocol Value became a flash loan attack victim, causing a net loss of $6M. After some users posted sob stories that that was all their money, the hacker sent tokens back to some of them and left a message that people don’t have enough knowledge and caution, and sooner or later that money would be lost. We urge our users to be extremely careful and follow simple recommendations to keep your money safe.
- Of course, we can’t leave our users without news about the scandal between crypto & the media. Last month, crypto journalists from Forbes published a revealing article about Binance’s elaborate scheme to evade Bitcoin regulators across U.S. Well, who knows which side is right in this case, but it should be a historical battle, as Forbes strikes back and keeps standing by their reporting. In response, Binance hired Charles Harder, the famous lawyer who, in the past, represented celebrities and even First Lady Melania Trump.
All information stated above is provided only for general information purposes. We do not promote any cryptocurrency, do not recommend or advise anything. All decisions about investments should be made by yourself. Our team works to satisfy our clients’ needs.
Stay tuned to our wallet, enjoy the usable interface and transaction security, and check back for updates and news on Twitter, Telegram, Facebook, Reddit, and LinkedIn. Let’s learn the cryptocurrency market together step by step!